15 Everyday Activities That Suggest You Need an Umbrella Policy
If you carry auto or homeowners insurance, you may be asking yourself, “Do I really need an umbrella policy, too?”
The short answer is yes.
An umbrella policy kicks in where your homeowners and auto policies leave off – providing you with extra protection and peace of mind, should the unexpected happen and a claim or lawsuit be filed against you.
Most of us participate in activities every day that put us at risk. Here are some real-life activities that signal you should carry an umbrella.
1. Drive a car
2. Walk your dog in your neighborhood or local park
3. Have teenagers who drive your car or their own
4. Carpool with other families
5. Watch your friends’ children or utilize babysitters in your home for your children
6. Entertain family and friends at your home
7. Use social media or have a child who does
8. Allow your children’s friends to hang out at your house
9. Own recreational vehicles like boats, motorcycles, jet skis, and golf carts
10. Have a swimming pool or trampoline
11. Employ a house cleaner
12. Hire someone to cut your lawn or plow your driveway
13. Order online and have packages delivered to your home
14. Volunteer and/or serve on a board
15. Coach, referee or umpire youth sports
An umbrella policy is one of the most cost-effective ways to protect your family and assets – but how much insurance do you need?
Use this online umbrella calculator from our carrier partners at The Hanover Insurance Group to get an idea of how much umbrella you might need.